Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Bitcoin crashes 25%, building a permanent base on the moon, that scene in Star Wars: The Last Jedi explained.
- Oh dear. Today Bitcoin crashed 25% to below $11,000 during a "cryptocurrency bloodbath". Business Insider examines the fallout. [Business Insider]
- One of the most controversial scenes in Star Wars: The Last Jedi involved Princess Leia in outer space. (If you've seen the movie, you know what we're talking about.) Director Rian Johnson has attempted to explain the scene to confused fans. [Kotaku]
- A planetary scientist may have just found the perfect place to build a permanent base on the moon. [Business Insider]
- Chris Hemsworth is done with Thor, contractually. [Gizmodo]
- Samsung's Galaxy S9 may release as early as March - here's everything we know about the phone so far. [Business Insider]