If you’re looking for an all-in-one program to handle your novel-writing needs, then WriteWayPro is worth a look. The creator recently made the Professional edition free, so there’s no harm in giving it a download.
It’s not the most modern-looking app and it’s only available for Windows, but it’s more than good enough if productivity is your aim. In order to get the full version, you’ll need to register first (a free process).
After that, you'll gain access to the following features:
- Book Organization: Acts, Chapters and Scenes; plus a scratch pad
- Dynamic Outline: Build your book outline on the fly
- Add Front & Back Matter Pages: cover art, dedication, foreword, etc.
- Assign color codes to your Scenes and set status/completion flags
- Organize your book in up to 3 acts
- Organize your book in up to 9 acts
- Synopsis: compose, print and/or export
- Composition: built-in full featured word processor
- Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Story NoteCards and NoteCard Templates
- Character Profiles, Templates and Data Pages
- Word/Page Count Tracking and deadline management
- View and print reports and statistics
- Add images anywhere in your composition and/or text
- Listen as your computer reads your books out loud
- Storyboard your NoteCards for scenes, chapters and/or acts
- Import your current work-in-progress from other sources
- Research Folders: store a book's notes, images, URLs, file links, etc.
- Future Book Ideas: folders shared between books
- ARCs/Galleys: one click formatting, printing, exporting
- Numerous printing options: book draft, manuscript, outline, NoteCards, etc.
- Export your book to RTF, HTML, PDF, .doc & .docx file formats
- Create publish-ready formats of your book for Kindle and NOOK
If you're the sort of person that swears by Notepad, well, there's not much for you here. On the other hand, if you need a little help getting in touch with your inner author, WriteWayPro might be exactly what you need.