In this episode we talk movie myths, DIY disasters, and what it takes to troubleshoot a rocket-powered sword with Brian Louden and on Lung of Science Channel’s Mythbusters. The seminal science show about disproving (and then destroying) urban legends is back, and its new hosts are ready to weld, behead and even chainsaw their way to the truth behind the rumours at the heart of every myth.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Discussed in This Episode:
- What exactly constitutes a myth?
- How Brian and Jon prepared for a career in busting myths
- What you do (and how it smells) on a body farm
- How to paint with explosives
- The growth of science-friendly YouTube channels
- The team behind the duo
- The best tool for the job is usually 32 tools in one
- Your teeth might be giving you a headache
- The difference between a real cadaver and a synthetic one
- Anything can be a hammer
In this episode we discuss side hustles. Those projects you pursue after work, at night, or on weekends to supplement your income or fulfil a passion. Our guests include Chris Guillebeau, author of Side Hustle. From Idea to Income in 27 Days, and journalist Catherine Baab-Muguira, who wrote a revealing story in Quartz about millennials and side hustles. Plus, our producer takes to the streets to find out from everyday people what kind of side hustles they have going on.Read more
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. This week we talked about giant quiches, starting fresh with a new phone, becoming “knifebros”, and finding just the right cup of coffee.