JAMF has announced support across all of its products, including Jamf Pro and Jamf Now, for macOS High Sierra, iOS 11 and tvOS 11. With iOS 11 available today and macOS to follow soon JAMF’s systems also include new features for the latest payloads, restrictions and MDM commands.
Any MDM workflows created with JAMF’s software will be uninterrupted the company said.
Some of the key features of the new Apple operating systems unlocked with Jamf include:
macOS High Sierra
- Zero-touch provisioning of Mac devices with the Apple File System (APFS)
- Cisco Fast Lane quality of service (QoS) support for apps
- New restrictions, security settings and configurations
- Deferring software updates for up to 90 days
- An MDM command to upgrade non-DEP supervised devices to iOS 11
- Restricting AirPrint, manual VPN settings and systems app deletion
- Defining Home screen layout on an Apple TV
- Showing or hiding specific tvOS apps
- Restricting tvOS media content and ability to modify device name
- Setting passwords for specific Apple TV devices to share automatically to specific iPads
Jamf has also extended the power of its Healthcare Listener by making the remote wipe command available for tvOS (in addition to iOS). Integration with ServiceNow has also been extended further and there’s a new API for Lost Mode, new settings for re-enrollment, and security enhancements for the deployment of in-house iOS apps.