This Sunday night, October 1, the Melbourne Storm face off against the giant-killing North Queensland Cowboys at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium. You might be wondering how to get into the ground and support your team, or you might just want to see Cameron Smith get decked for one last time. Whatever the reason, here’s how to get tickets to the NRL Grand Final.
Unlike the tsunami of woe surrounding getting tickets to the AFL Grand Final, the NRL Grand Final isn’t just for corporates and club members. As long as there are still tickets available, you’re in luck – but you have to be quick. The 83,500 seat ANZ Stadium has been mostly full since all the way back to 2006 and the last three Grand Finals have been absolute marvels. I even watched one, and I am a die-hard AFL fanatic who doesn’t know Jason Taumalolo from a bar of soap.
Buy Tickets To The NRL Grand Final
Unlike the 2017 AFL Grand Final, tickets to the NRL Grand Final are able to be purchased by the general public (hooray!). They go on sale from 10am today, Tuesday September 26 and can be bought through the Ticketek website.
You can also use the Official Marketplace with Ticketek to list tickets if you can’t go and, if you’re looking to go, buy great tickets from other fans with the peace of mind it’s backed by Ticketek.
The pricing structure for tickets to the Grand Final is as follows:
|Gold – Non Alcohol||$260|
|Team Supporters Tickets||$150|
Of course, getting in to the Grand Final costs a decent chunk of money. Look at those Platinum and Ultimate Experience tickets! So… what if you could go for free? Perhaps if you enter some of these competitions, you can end up heading to the Grand Final without paying a cent (besides, perhaps, spending money for a few celebratory/commiseration beverages).
- The Courier Mail up in Queensland are running a competition to get two tickets to the NRL Grand Final, including one night accommodation and return airfares.
- Answer a few questions about who you think was player of the round in Round 23 and enter your details at the end to win via the Manly Sea Eagles (NSW Only)
- Hankook Australia’s Facebook page is running a competition for four tickets. If you stop the GIF while the football is in the centre hole, post that screenshot to the comments, then you’re in the running.
- In Sydney? All Sorts Alexandria are giving away four tickets to the NRL Grand Final. To win the tickets they will be hosting a circuit this Thursday September 28 at 6:30pm. One circuit for the lady’s and one circuit for the gents, the winner with best time on each circuit will receive two free tickets to the game.
- Gameday Mouthguards have four tickets to giveaway if you buy any custom mouthguard and use the discount code NRLGDFINAL at checkout. Winner drawn 28th September.