There's all manner of hand-wringing about the state of sex and relationships in the smartphone era — Online dating is ruining romance! And my god, the sexting! We asked some experts to weigh in on how smartphones are affecting our relationships and sex lives.
Photo by Fusion TV
To sift through the hype and garner some no-nonsense wisdom on maintaining a healthy sex life in a hyper-connected-but-over-stimulated world, we talked to Cleo Stiller, host of Sex Right Now on Fusion TV, and couples therapist Sari Cooper. On the agenda: advice on "keeping the flame alive" without feeling corny and using tech to improve your sexual communication skills. Oh, and we also cornered randoms on the street for their best sex and dating advice.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Questions We Answered in This Episode:
- Does scheduling sex really work, or is it a buzzkill?
- Is it a good idea to have your partner help track your menstrual cycle?
- How do smartphones affect our relationships and sex lives?
- What is a "Fitbit for your penis"?
- How to use apps to ease day-to-day friction in your relationships
- Is porn really throwing off our sexual expectations?
- Creative ways to incorporate app-controlled sex toys in a long-distance relationships