Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: the making of Alien: Isolation, how Game of Thrones' incredible dragon battle sequence was realised, guy freaks out all of Twitter with child ghost haunting.
- An Aussie gamer qualifies for Quake World Championships with a 272 ping. [Kotaku]
- On yesterday's Game of Thrones, Daenerys Targaryen battled a Lannister army atop her dragon. This 14-minute video explains how the incredible sequence was created.
- Also, here's how Drogon's size compare to modern aircraft, for those who were wondering. [Kotaku]
- Here are some healthy mid-morning snacks that will set you up for a binge-free day. [POPSUGAR]
- Predictably, Google has reportedly fired the author of that anti-diversity manifesto. [Gizmodo]
- Here are 16 Australian tech companies that spend more on staff than their revenue. [Business Insider]
- "So, my apartment is currently being haunted by the ghost of a dead child and he's trying to kill me." [POPSUGAR]
- Alien: Isolation is one of the best horror games of recent years, as well as one of the most faithful film adaptations ever made. Kotaku takes an in-depth look at how it was created. [Kotaku]