Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Game Of Thrones season seven spoilers, new Doctor Who actor announced (it's a woman!), the companies trying to kill off smartphones.
- BBC has announced its new Doctor: Jodie Whittaker, the first woman in Doctor Who's 54-year history to land the title role. [Gizmodo]
- Former staffer Amber Harrison has been ordered to pay Channel Seven’s legal costs. [Business Insider]
- Game Of Thrones season 7 is going to get spoiled by idiots on Twitter, whether you like it or not. So you might as well read all the leaked plot details now. [Gizmodo]
- The smartphone is eventually going to die, and Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook are racing to kill it. [Business Insider]
- Marvel Studios showed a huge chunk of footage from Avengers: Infinity War at the D23 Expo and there almost aren't words for it. Kotaku has a recap. [Kotaku]