Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Lord Of The Rings five-year lawsuit comes to an end, Bose SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth Speaker review, take the old/young Millennial quiz.
- The woman in the photo above weighs the same now as she did two years ago, but her body looks so slim and toned in the right hand photo. It’s an amazing transformation, and it proves the number on the scale means nothing. [POPSUGAR]
- North Korea claims it just tested an inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM). This is probably a bad thing for everyone.
- Here’s how Star Wars ‘canon’ works. [Gizmodo]
- This one question will determine if you’re an “Old” or “Young” millennial. [POPSUGAR]
- The Tolkien estate and the publishers of Lord Of The Rings have finally settled a 2012 court case with the makers of the movies. Gizmodo has the details. [Gizmodo]
- The Asian stars of ‘Hawaii Five-0’ quit the show after CBS refused to pay them as much as their white costars. This is a good excuse to revisit that time they tried to make “Bing” happen. [Business Insider]
- Looking for some louder music? Here’s a review for the Bose SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth Speaker. [Gizmodo]
- Shell’s gargantuan ‘Prelude’ is the world’s largest floating structure and it’s on its way to Australia. [Business Insider]
- Latest weird beauty trend: Charcoal Tooth Polish. [POPSUGAR]