Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The value of Ripple explodes by 3000 per cent, 2.3 million vehicles in Australia receive airbag recall warning, Australian government closes superannuation loophole.
- The value of the world's third biggest cryptocurrency has risen by almost 3000% this year. [Business Insider]
- More than 2.3 million vehicles in Australia have been included in a recall of airbags made by Japanese manufacturer Takata in the last eight years. The airbags are in 60 makes of cars sold in Australia, including Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Lexus, Jeep, Nissan, Chrysler, and Dodge. Gizmodo has the details. [Gizmodo]
- The Turnbull government's latest changes to superannuation close a loophole which allowed employers to pay less. [Business Insider]
- Nestled among the picturesque cliffs of Cinque Terre in Italy is a secret slice of paradise virtually devoid of sweaty tourists holding selfie sticks and wearing Hawaiian shirts. In fact, most adventurous visitors of this elusive destination probably aren't wearing anything at all — because it's a nude beach. [POPSUGAR Australia]
- Here's the moment Australia qualified for the Overwatch World Cup Finals. [Kotaku]