Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: the time Muhammad Ali boxed a Japanese pro wrestler, the most futuristic car dash money can buy, Australian dollar keeps climbing.
- The Australian dollar continued to lift in overnight trade, hitting a one-week high against the US dollar. [Business Insider]
- The upcoming McGregor Vs Mayweather fight is less boxing match, more travelling sideshow. 40 odd years ago, a similar match-up took place between Japanese pro wrestler Antonio Inoki… and Muhammad Ali. [Guardian]
- Here’s what scientists think is really happening with the calving of a huge iceberg in Antarctica. [Business Insider]
- Few photos from the forum ages of online gaming live in greater infamy than one of what appears to be a human duct taped to the ceiling of a dimly lit basement, his arms reaching out to lightly graze the keys of a Dell mechanical keyboard. Now his story has finally been told. [Kotaku]
- Navdy is one of the first GPS devices that claims to be safer for drivers by putting the map and other info front and center so your eyes stay on the road — it’s also one of the most comprehensive in-car navigation devices on the market. [Gizmodo]