Beer can bacon burgers. Beer can. Bacon. Burgers. You know you need to make these at your next backyard barbecue. Science demands it. We have the full recipe right here.
Beer Can Bacon Burgers are a thing and they're even more glorious than they sound. The lads at BBQ Pit Boys explain how it's done in the video below:
And here is the full recipe:
- Ground Chuck Steak
- Streaky Bacon
- Canned Beer (unopened)
- Burger Buns
- Cheese (chunked/shredded)
- Beef Hash
- Grilled Onions
- Bell Peppers (Red/Green)
- Tomato (chopped)
- Roast Beef
- Canned Chili
- BBQ Sauce
- Bring grill temperature up to 150 degrees Celsius with coals offset for indirect cooking.
- Sauté mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
- Heat up beef hash, chopped tomato, bacon, roast beef, and canned chili. (Or your favorite toppings.)
- Make hamburger balls, 250-350g each. Make sure meat is cold.
- Press beer can into center of each meatball forming a pocket around the can.
- Wrap bacon around each one. Should take two pieces of bacon.
- Using a dishtowel, remove beer can from meatball carefully.
- Do this until all meatballs have been formed.
- Take stuffing/toppings and start placing inside meatball pockets. Use your favorite toppings.
- Chunk cheese and place 2-3 pieces inside desired meatballs or top with shredded cheese.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce or bbq sauce.
- Place bacon burgers opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
- Put lid on grill and cook for one hour. (Optional – turn and rotate after 30 minutes)
- After one hour check for desired doneness.
- Remove from grill.
- Place bacon burgers on buns.
- Top with favorite condiments.
Serving: Serve with fries, chips, cole slaw, potato salad, or grilled vegetables. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!
For added hilarity, try saying "Beer Can Bacon" in a Jamaican accent. It sounds like you're saying beer can twice.
[Via BBQ Pit Boys]