Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The 20 most dangerous countries in the world for tourists, see a neighbourhood of eerie abandoned mansions, the story behind Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Before you plan that holiday, review these 20 most dangerous countries in the world for tourists. [Business Insider]
- Mass Effect: Andromeda, released in March 2017, disappointed even the biggest fans of BioWare’s longrunning series. Kotaku looks at the story behind its troubled five-year development. [Kotaku]
- In June 2013, heavy rains led to a flood in the Canadian province of Alberta, causing an estimated 6 billion dollars in property damage. Check out these eerie photos of a neighbourhood of abandoned million-dollar McMansions. [Business Insider]
- The Mummy is the first movie in the “Dark Universe,” a planned series of films that will intertwine the ghoulish tales of the classic Universal Monsters. Unfortunately, it’s monstrous for all the wrong reasons. Here is the review. [Gizmodo]
- According to Kotaku, here are the Ten Commandments of video game collectables. [Kotaku]