Ramen can be an intimidating dish if you've who've only tried the dried stuff in a packet. These tips will get you slurping up noodles like a pro.
- Start by sampling the broth. It's perfectly acceptable to drink a little directly from the bowl.
- Slurp your ramen noodles as you eat them -- and make some noise. This allows you to taste the noodles and the broth at the same time, as well as aerates the noodles and broth so the flavours can fully develop. Also, it cools off the noodles a bit as they make their way from the steaming broth to your mouth.
- Eat the egg separately from the noodles and broth. It's basically a side dish floating around in your soup.
- Slurp up the veggies with the noodles and broth. Eat the meat on its own with your chopsticks.
- Eat it fast! Ramen is meant to be a quick meal enjoyed while it's still piping hot. If you eat too slowly, the broth will evaporate some and the rest will get absorbed by the noodles.
And don't worry about making all kinds of sounds while you eat. The louder your slurps the better.