Reader Yezra submitted this desktop to our Desktop Showcase, pointing out that he's a big fan of simple, clean desktops, and finally built one that fit the bill. Yours doesn't have to look quite the same, but if you like the gist, here's what you'll need to make your own.
- The wallpaper from DeviantArt
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Evolution Music Player for Rainmeter for the circular player in the upper right corner
- The Elementary skin for Rainmeter for the time and date in the bottom right
- Launcher 2.1.5 for Rainmeter for the all-text launcher on the left side of the screen
- The Painted font to tie the whole thing together
That's all it takes. With the font, you can change the colours or make your own wallpaper with whatever you want it to say, or you can go this direction and get pumped up every time you sit down to do a little work. The whole setup is clean enough that when you open your windows and start working, it's not distracting or difficult to manoeuvre around.
Pink Matter [Yezra]