Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Australians' days of struggling for a pay rise may be coming to an end, the world is running out of sand, the best video games to play as a couple..
- Woolworths is preparing for Amazon by hooking up with Microsoft. Business Insider has the story.
- Happy Valentine's Day! If you're keen to play some video games tonight but don't want to neglect your significant other, here are eight options to consider, courtesy of Kotaku.
- In related news, this is what happens when you buy your boyfriend a VR setup for Valentine's Day.
- The world is slowly running out of sand. Gizmodo drops its science on those assembled.
- Australian wages grew at the slowest pace on record in the the three months to September. But a reversal in fortunes could be imminent. Business Insider crunches the data.