We've already covered the in-demand jobs in Australia for 2017. Now we're taking a closer look at the IT industry to see what roles employers want to fill in the first quarter of this year.
Professional recruitment company Hays has released its quarterly report that looks at a variety of industries to reveal hiring trends for the first quarter of 2017. One of the sectors the company looked at was IT. According to the report, these are the types of IT professionals that will be sought after by employers this quarter:
Digital & Software Development
- DevOps Engineers preferably with multiple skills.
- UX/UI Designers with a focus on responsive design.
- Front-end Developers with Angular.JS and React.JS skills.
- Full Stack .NET Developers with experience at enterprise level building cloud based scalable applications.
- Mobile App Developers with more roles for native Android and iOS developers, but there is a shortage of high quality candidates.
- Scala Developers are needed too in response to demand for functional programmers capable of developing scalable distributed systems.
- Intermediate C# Developers are needed, but there is a shortage of technically strong candidates at this mid-level.
- Dynamics CRM Developers are needed for upgrade and implementation projects.
- .Net Web Developers are in demand to build improved user portals and websites to meet Digital Service Standards requirements.
- C++ Developers are required to work on legacy system improvements.
- Xamarin Developers attracting more interest.
Infrastructure and Support
- Systems Engineers with a focus on virtualisation and Cloud based solutions.
- Office 365 Implementation Engineers since there is shortage of candidates with experience delivering upgrades.
- Security Roles including Firewall experts, Cyber Security Specialists and Security Engineers is increasing. Compliance and auditing with CISSP and CISM certifications are viewed favourably.
- Level 1 and 2 Helpdesk candidates with strong communication skills remain in high demand.
You can find out more about the hiring trends in the IT industry in the Hays Quarterly Report.