Maikasenpai's desktop is a calm sea, a respite from the tumult of the world, and we love it. It's a simple thing, but tweaked just enough to make it personal. Here's how it's all set up.
Maikasenpai is using Rainmeter, which we've highlighted before, as an easy way to bring a littler personalisation and customisation to the Windows desktop.
Once you're familiar with it, here are the other pieces you'll need to duplicate the look:
- The wallpaper
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Do I Need a Jacket skin for Rainmeter
- The Frost visualizer widget for Rainmeter
- The WhiteNoir Taskbar Icons to replace the default ones
- This YouTube video that explains how to center the taskbar icons
That's all there is to this one. There's plenty of room to add more widgets if you'd like, or just keep the same clean and minimal look as miakasenpai has here. If you like the look -- or just have questions about how to make it your own, hit the link below to miakasanpai's Kinja blog and sing your praises there!
Calm, Blue Waves [miakasenpai]