We've been seeing a lot of water-based, beach-y, ocean-y wallpapers lately, and that makes us think you guys must be yearning for warmer weather. This one, from Sebastian, is a gorgeous, stark, black and white desktop with just a little customisation. Here's how it's all set up.
Sebastian is running Windows, which means you'll need Rainmeter to get this done. If you're unfamiliar, check out our getting started guide, it will help you out.
Once you have the basics, you'll need these components to make your desktop look like this:
- The wallpaper from WallHaven
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Enigma suite for Rainmeter
- The Omnimo suite for Rainmeter to create the black box backdrop and parts of the status display
- The Simple Clean skin for Rainmeter for the time and date display
That's all there is to this one. You have to overlay some of the elements over one another to get the desired look, but this is a sharp one. Black and white, minimal, non-distracting, but still informative and useful when you can look at the desktop. If you have questions about how it was made, or want to make your system look like and can't figure it out, hit the Flickr link below to let Sebastian know how much you like his work — and ping him there!
Black Sand UI [Flickr]