There is a certain nostalgic charm to stringing popcorn into festive garlands, but it's not the only treat you can decorate with. To add colour (and sweetness) to your Christmas tree, string some lollies up there too.
Photo by Eek the Cat.
Gummy lollies works real well, but The Kitchn has a whole bunch of sweet ideas, including:
- Marshmallows: Freeze them first for less sticky stringing.
- Wrapped Truffles: Thread the needle through the cellophane. (Eat on or two every time you walk by.)
- Licorice Wands: Cut up a few different colours and flavours and string your thread through their already hollow centres.
- Lifesavers: They already have holes!
- Spearmint leaves: These fit the tree decor and are festively green to boot.
You can find most of these options at your grocery store. If you have kids, you might need to outfit the tree more than once!