Android/Chrome: When you're at your desk, you don't want to constantly fiddle with your phone. Join helps you control your phone without picking it up, and now you can even use voice commands to do so.
Join, from the developer of most of your favourite Tasker plugins, is a Chrome extension and Android app combo. From Chrome, you can send commands to your phone that will run automatically. The latest update allows you to control your phone with voice commands, like the following:
- Push this to my Nexus 5 while a tab is open on a web page
- Reply with hello there! after you receive a new text message
- Ring my device to make your phone ring
- Write hello on my Nexus 6 to write 'hello' on your Android device
- Note to self walk the dog to create a notification on your device with the text walk the dog
- It would be awesome if you could start capturing the screen on my precious and awesome Nexus 5 to start capturing your Nexus 5's screen
The Chrome extension can activate when you say a certain activation phrase (by default this is "Computer") or you can choose to activate voice commands with a keyboard shortcut. Check out the source link below for more you can do with it. The Chrome extension is free, but it requires the companion Android app to function. The Android app has a 30-day free trial, after which it costs a one-time fee of $US5 ($7).
Natural Language Voice Commands for Join in Chrome [Joaoapps via Android Police]