Chrome/iOS: Handle is the productivity add-on that Google should have made. It seamlessly combines emails, to-do lists and calendars to make Gmail your central productivity hub.
Handle might even make Google Inbox converts switch back to good old Gmail. It's the best implementation of a to-do list in the Gmail inbox that I've seen so far. Here's a quick summary of just some of its many abilities:
- Type "T" to turn the email you're reading into a to-do list item. All the information from the email will be automatically copied into the to-do.
- Add a reminder, a due date or notes to any to-do item in your list. You can also assign it to a project to keep track of it. Reminders work with Google's spoken language operatives, like "tomorrow" or "at 5PM". You can also create reminders based on location.
- Handle also has a built-in calendar for your projects and to-dos, which syncs with your Google calendars.
- The app has two display modes. Fullscreen mode lets you see your to-dos with your Handle calendar. Sidebar mode shows your to-dos next to your inbox, which is invaluable while sorting your inbox.
- Click the Handle icon in the Chrome toolbar to create a new to-do at any point.
Handle is completely free right now, and even has an iOS app to manage your tasks on the move. But the Gmail extension is where it really shines.