Homemade, edible gifts can be a lot of fun to give and receive (and eat), but handing someone a jar of jam can seem a little lacklustre. To bump up the wow factor, include a thoughtful accessory.
Photo by Meal Makeover Mums.
It doesn’t have to be extravagant or expensive, but an extra little item can make a gift feel much more thoughtful. Food52 has a few great ideas to get you started:
- For homemade jam and preserves, include a fancy wooden spreader or a nice loaf of bread.
- If you make your own butter (or compound butter) shape it into a nice roll and present it in a cute butter dish or keeper.
- For those giving the gift of wine, include a couple of nice (or kitschy) glasses to inspire sharing.
Beyond those suggestions, I have a few of my own:
- If homemade cookies are your gift of choice, wrap them up in a pretty kitchen towel and tie a pretty recipe card onto the package.
- Fancy flavoured salts are always a fun gift, but there even more welcome if they come with some delicious popping corn.
- Make hot chocolate melting morsels, wrap them in festive plastic wrap and present them in an awesome mug. (This is my favourite mug of all time, if you are looking for mug suggestions.)
That extra little touch will take your edible present to a more personal place, making a big impression in without costing you a ton.