If you've ever toyed with the idea of becoming a game developer, this e-book package from Humble Bundle is a good place to start.
The e-book bundle has resources for those who want to develop multiplatform (consoles and PC), mobile and web-based games. It covers everything from programming to marketing your creations to attract users.
When you pay US$1 or more, you get the following titles:
- Swift Game Programming for Absolute Beginners: Teaches Apple’s Swift language in the context of four, fun and colourful games.
- Android Studio Game Development: Concepts and Design: This short book walks you through the process of creating mobile games using the new Android Studio IDE.
- Irresistible Apps: Motivational Design Patterns for Apps, Games, and Web-based Communities: Explains exactly how to attract users to your game or website and how to keep them using a library of 27 motivational design patterns and real-world examples of how they work.
- Learn Pixi.js: Create Great Interactive Graphics for Games and the Web: Learn how to create applications for desktop and touch-screen devices, and how to use the best open-source plugins to extend Pixi.js’s capabilities in a myriad of exciting ways.
You also get the following titles if you pay more than US$8:
- Beginning RPG Maker MV: Create your very own role playing game using the RPG Maker MV game development engine.
- Make a 2D Arcade Game in a Weekend: With Unity: Create and complete your first 2D arcade game in Unity. Learn to create an arcade classic brick breaker game from beginning to end.
- The Business of iOS App Development: For iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Shows you how to incorporate marketing and business savvy into every aspect of the design and development process, giving your app the best possible chance of succeeding in the App Store.
- More books to be added for this payment tier and you'll get them for free once you get the bundle
The biggest package will be unlocked when you pay $15 or more, which will get you these additional e-books:
- Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace: The book has been designed with the complete beginner in mind who has little to no experience with the engine.
- The Game Maker's Apprentice: Game Development for Beginners: Shows you how to create nine exciting games using the wildly popular Game Maker game creation tool.
- Pro HTML5 Games: Developers will learn how to use the latest cutting-edge HTML5 web technology - available in the most recent versions of modern browsers - to build web applications with unparalleled functionality, speed, and responsiveness.
- Program Arcade Games: With Python and Pygame: Learn and use Python and PyGame to design and build cool arcade games.
- Beginning Java Game Development with LibGDX: Design and create video games using Java, with the LibGDX software library
Get the packages over at Humble Bundle