Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Westworld season two ruminations, National Geographic photo of shark wows (then angers), inside the 2016 AACTA Awards.
- The spectacular image above recently won the 2016 National Geographic photograph of the year. Or did it? Turns out you shouldn’t believe everything you see on the internet: it’s a fake.
- Somewhat creepily, Uber wants to track your movements after you finish your ride. Business Insider has the story.
- Last Sunday, the 6th Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards honored the best works and artists of the year. If you missed it, be sure to check out POPSUGAR Australia’s exhaustive coverage.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has a new international trailer that really helps to highlight the Seven Samurai-style plot. Watch it here.
- Here are eight bizarre sleeping habits of super-successful people.
- The critically acclaimed sci-fi series Westworld just finished up its first season and the internet is already speculating about what should/shouldn’t happen in season two. Here is Gizmodo’s take.