Reader Alec submitted this desktop to our Desktop Showcase, and aside from a stunning wallpaper, it’s a neatly customised Mac. Here’s how he set everything up.
Alec is using Übersicht, a macOS customisation suite that we’ve highlighted before. You’ll need to grab it to get started, but it’s pretty much all you’ll need.
Once you have that installed, here are the other pieces:
- The Tierra wallpaper from DeviantArt
- The Übersicht customisation suite for macOS
- The Sidebar widget for a customisable calendar and utility panel that hides off to the side of the screen
- The Morning Clock widget for the desktop clock
- The Inspirational Quote widget
- The All White Icons icon pack for OS X
- The cDock customisation utility to tweak the dock layout
- The LiteIcon utility to tweak the system icons (with that white icon pack)
- The Bartender utility to tweak the menubar
For more on each of these and some of the other tweaks Alec made to the setup, head over to his Kinja blog post, linked below -- that's also where you can ask questions and sing your praises. Let him know how much you like his work!
Do you have a good-looking, functional desktop of your own to show off? Share it with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the tag DesktopShowcase or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool. Screenshots must be at least at least 1280x720 and please includeinformation about what you used, links to your wallpaper, skins, and themes, and any other relevant details. If your awesome desktop catches our eye, you might get featured!