Some people are naturals with kids, and will have them giggling in a matter of seconds. If you're not one of them, and you get kind of perplexed about what to do with somebody else's child, check out this video. It's full of ideas on how to become besties with your nieces and nephews and cousins-once-removed.
The first tactic in the video is a skateboard trick, and if you're not a pro skateboarder you should not attempt it with another person's delicate child. The rest is baby comedy gold:
- Tickle the child, then hide. Repeat.
- Pretend to be a giant. Use your giant voice.
- Put a pillow on your head. Make funny noises as the pillow falls off.
- Make a puppet bite the child's hand.
- Play peek-a-boo, and look really surprised at the result.
I'd put the age range for these stunts at roughly three months to two years. In other words, any baby or toddler that can stop napping long enough to look quizzically at you. Singing and clapping are also never a bad choice. Good luck and enjoy those baby giggles!
Five Ways to Make a Baby Laugh [Andrew Schrock]