If you and your friends want to make your own Mannequin Challenge video and get in on the action — or, uh, frozen action — here's how to do it in five very easy steps.
If you're not familiar with the Mannequin Challenge, it's a viral internet video trend akin to the Harlem Shake. But instead of dancing, everyone holds a position as the camera moves around and captures the scene like a three-dimensional photo. The end result looks pretty awesome, but the process of making your own is actually really simple:
- Grab a camera that can record video. A stabiliser will make everything look better, but it's not required.
- Gather a big group of friends to participate in your video (offering food or drinks helps).
- Choose a theme for the challenge. Is everyone mid-fight? Are you all chowing down on some tasty grub? Maybe it's a dance party frozen in time.
- Get everyone to freeze in a fun position and hold still as best they can.
- Hit record on your camera and have fun filming your scene.
Music is another great addition to your video whether you add it in post or play it while you film. Now get some friends together and get creative.