Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The hottest fashion from Melbourne Cup 2016, play Game Of Thrones in your lounge room, the snake venom that will make your life a living hell.
- The Melbourne Cup is nominally a horse race but it's really an excuse for shiny, happy people to show off their most extravagant threads. Head to POPSUGAR Australia to see the best suits and dresses from this year.
- Want more Melbourne Cup fashion? Behold: the most iconic Melbourne Cup outfits of all time.
- Dungeon & Dragons has a new monster manual. Click here for a sneak peak.
- According to Business Insider, here's the exact email to send your boss when you want them to say yes to something.
- Game Of Thrones: The Iron Throne is a strategy board game based on -- you guessed it -- HBO's Game Of Thrones series. Kotaku has a comprehensive review.
- The menacingly beautiful blue coral snake employs a particularly nasty venom — one that makes the last moments of the victim’s life a living hell. Gizmodo has the science.