Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Terrible cosplay pickup lines from Blizzcon, fiction’s most outrageously evil leaders, 10 facts about the Harry Potter films you probably didn’t know.
- Yesterday, the United States of America nominated Donald Trump to be their president and the world trembled as one. But it could (arguably) be worse! Consider these 11 blatantly evil leaders from the annals of science fiction.
- Back in October, an artificial intelligence system correctly predicted Donald Trump would win the US election. Fluke? It also correctly predicted the three previous US elections. Read the original story on Business Insider.
- Facebook has produced yet another computer network innovation that will once again floor the $41 billion network tech industry. Business Insider has the story.
- Blizzcon features some of the world’s best cosplayers. It also features cheesy Overwatch-themed pick-up lines, thanks to Stella Chuu.
- The eight Harry Potter films were released over a period of a decade and are still beloved by millions of fans. Here are 10 interesting facts about the movies that you might not know.