Frequent contributor JonRedcorn2 switches up his desktops on the reg, and this recent one caught our eye. It's symmetrical and interesting, and isn't too busy with widgets and tools. Here's how you can get the same look.
As usual, this is a Windows desktop, which means Rainmeter is running behind the scenes here. If you're not familiar with Rainmeter, this guide can help you get started.
Once you have the basics down, here's what you'll need:
- The Optical wallpaper by Matteo Zilio, colour inverted
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Minimal Typography skin for Rainmeter for the text on either side of the center pattern
- The MinimalOne Weather skin, which he's modified for this setup
- The SImple53 skin for Rainmeter as an application launcher
- The Radian Linear Visualizer for Rainmeter to create the audio visualizer at the center-bottom of the screen
There's a few moving parts here, but the kicker is that a lot of it has been customised specifically to JonRedcorn2's tastes, so if you're not sure how to get the same look or feel, or how it's been modified, make sure to head over to the Flickr link below and ask your questions.
Optical Desktop [Flickr]