Nespresso is launching a new range of “barista style” coffee machines with brushed stainless steel exteriors designed by Breville. But its biggest claim to fame is a cool-touch steam wand with adjustable, automatic milk texturing for flat white, cappuccino and late coffees. We look at the features, pricing and availability in Australia.
The Creatista range are the first Nespresso machines that allow users to choose their preferred milk texture and temperature via multiple milk foam textures. This is achieved with an automatic steam wand developed by Breville. The technology boasts up to 11 temperatures for popular milk-based coffee styles which the user selects via an LCD panel.
The milk is then automatically heated to the nominated temperature, while the steam wand froths it to the texture of the selected coffee, hands free. The wand is encased in two steel tubes, which prevents it from getting too hot (this means no milk “skin” left on the wand.) The milk texturing can also be used to create barista-style foam art for people who are into that sort of thing.
The Breville-designed exterior looks like a commercial espresso machine: there’s a choice between stainless steel with chrome highlights (for the high-end Creatista version) and metallic black or royal champagne (for the standard model.) They also have a reasonably small footprint which is handy for apartment kitchen benches.
Here are the key features:
- 7 customisable coffee settings including Espresso, Lungo, Ristretto, Flat White, Latte, Cappuccino and Macchiato
- Adjustable automatic milk texturing to make a Flat White, Cappuccino, or Latte creating ‘micro foam’ which is essential for latte art (8 textures for Creatista Plus, 4 textures for Creatista)
- Adjustable milk temperature (11 temperatures for Creatista Plus, 5 temperatures for Creatista)
- Cool touch steam wand with auto purge for fast and easy cleaning
- Intuitive TFT display offering step-by-step assistance for coffee personalisation and maintenance
- Fast heat up (3 seconds for Creatista Plus, 10 seconds for Creatista)
- Automatic power off after 10 minutes of non-use
Whether you love Nespresso coffee pods or hate them, it can’t be denied that these new machines look to be the company’s best. The Nespresso Creatista Plus and Creatista will be available in Australia from October 31 for an RRP of $799 and $699, respectively. You can check out more details at Nespresso’s website.