Yesterday, the two US vice presidential candidates Tim Kaine (D) and Mike Pence (R) held their first and only debate before the election this November. This morning, fact-check what the candidates said with these roundups. If you didn't catch yesterday's debate, you can watch it in its entirety here. As we've mentioned before, the media coverage you read can affect how you perceive a debate, so it's a good idea to watch it for yourself first if you can. Once you're ready, check out these fact-check roundups to see how the candidates' claims hold up to scrutiny:
- Politico published 22 stories fact-checking statements from both candidates.
- Politifact annotated the entire debate transcript with fact-checks.
- CNN fact-checked statements in 12 categories from both candidates.
- NPR offered a transcript of the debate with live fact-checks and analysis throughout.
- The Washington Post fact-checked over 20 statements from both candidates.
- The Wall Street Journal offered live analysis and fact-checking during the debate.
- The Guardian fact-checked 27 statements from both candidates.
Early voting has already begun in some states.