Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Nobody is buying smartwatches anymore, 26 email sign-offs you should avoid, Elon Musk's Mars spaceship looms closer.
- Torches are handy for camping trips, but this one from Wicked Lasers is the handiest of all: its light is intense enough to start a fire and cook your dinner. (Check it out in the video above.)
- Elon Musk is about to test the "trickiest" part of his Mars spaceship -- a giant, potentially explosive black orb. Business Insider reports.
- A hacker has discovered a new Super Mario 64 coin on Tiny Huge Island that is impossible to collect. See it here.
- Remember how smartwatches were supposed to be the next big thing? According to a market intelligence report from IDC, smartwatch shipments are down 51.6 per cent year-over-year for the third quarter of 2016. Yikes. Gizmodo has the story.
- Here are 26 email sign-offs you should usually avoid, courtesy of Business Insider.
- Apparently, big muscles make you smarter.