You wanted iPhone 7 vs iPhone 6s, news on JB Hi-Fi's The Good Guys acquisition and Australian Census fine-dodging tips. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- The Cheapest Way To Buy An iPhone 7 Or iPhone 7 Plus In Australia You've seen the contract prices, and you might be tempted to sign up and avoid paying upfront for your shiny new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus -- but you could end up paying more for the same phone, calls and data than you need to. Here's how much you can save by buying up-front and choosing the right prepaid plan.
- iPhone 7 Vs iPhone 6s: What's Different?
If you own an iPhone 6s, you’re probably wondering whether the iPhone 7 is worth upgrading to. Should you make the switch now or wait until the iPhone 8 rolls around? This comparison chart breaks down how the two phones’ specifications and features differ.
- Ask LH: What Happens If I Don't Complete The Australian Census?
Dear Lifehacker, I never got around to filling out the Australian census on census night (I tried a few times, but the website wasn’t working.) I was wondering what the odds are of me actually receiving a fine from the ABS? If they send me a letter and I ignore it, what happens next? Also, does the fact that the website was down on census night mean I’m off the hook? Thanks, Midnight Rider
- All The New Features In iOS 10 In Two Minutes
iOS 10 is here, and with it comes a brand new lock screen, a completely different way to unlock your phone and a fancy new messages app. Let’s take a quick look at all the new stuff.
- Six Tips For Picking Up An iPhone 7 On Launch Day
The iPhone 7 officially goes on sale tomorrow, and die-hard fans are already lining up at Apple Stores around the country. If you have your heart set on being one of the first owners of the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in Australia, you’re going to have your work cut out for you — stock is expected to run out fast. With that in mind, here are some tips to make your quest slightly more achievable.
- Five Android Phones That Are Better Than The iPhone 7
The iPhone 7 officially launched in Australia today, with prices starting at $1079 (or $1229 for the black versions). If you’re a die-hard Apple fan, you’ll doubtlessly think it’s the best iPhone ever — despite having no headphone jack and a dearth of exciting new software. For everyone else, you might want to consider one of these flagship Android phones instead.
- JB Hi-Fi Buys The Good Guys For $870 Million: How Will This Impact You?
It’s official. JB Hi-Fi is acquiring home appliance retailer The Good Guys for a cool $870 million. What does this deal mean for consumers? Let’s find out.
- A USB Stick That Can Fry PCs Is Now Available
Sounds like something out of a spy movie but a USB stick that essentially fries unprotected computers, aptly named USB Kill 2.0, is now publicly available. Read on to find out more.
- Top 10 Secret Features In iOS 10
iOS 10 is packed full of new features, but the best ones are often hidden under the hood. Here are some of our favourite lesser-known new features, the ones Apple isn’t advertising, and you would otherwise have to dig to find.
- Reminder: You Only Have One More Week To Complete The Australian Census
On September 23, the Census website will stop accepting new submissions. This means you only have seven days to complete the form if you haven’t got around to it yet. Here’s what you need to know.