You wanted every piece of iPhone 7 news, NBN mudslinging and one journalist's thoughts on RUOK day. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- iPhone 7 Launch Event: Date, Time And How To Watch In Australia Apple has set the date for its major product announcement event and the elusive iPhone 7 will most likely be revealed on the day. For Australians that want to be in on the action, here’s how you can watch the keynote in the comfort of your own home.
- Apple iPhone 7 And 7 Plus: Australian Pricing, Specs And Release Date
Apple has just announced the highly-anticipated iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Here’s a rundown of the specification for both of the new phones, when they’ll be available and how much they will cost in Australia.
- Ready The Pitchforks: ACCC Wants Your 'Thoughts' On The NBN
The ACCC wants your feedback about the National Broadband Network in its current form. A national Communications Sector Market Study will help to determine how successfully Australia is transitioning to the NBN. In other words, it’s an important opportunity for us to vent about backwards technology and sub par internet speeds…
- Planhacker: Every Vodafone Plan For The iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus
Vodafone has unveiled its iPhone 7 and 7 Plus pricing ahead of Australian pre-order availability and they’re looking pretty good. The plans start at $40 a month (plus handset repayments) for a total of $76. Here’s the full list of plans for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- NBN Reckons It Can Now Deliver Fibre Speeds Over Copper
NBN Co is exploring the development of new devices that will let it fuse Australia’s existing copper infrastructure onto its HFC cable footprint and backhaul, the company has revealed.
- iPhone 7 Specs Teardown: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus were officially revealed by Apple this morning. While both models are similar to last year’s iterations, they do usher in a handful of significant changes — not all of which are good. Here’s all the new stuff you need to know about.
- Why I'm Not OK With RUOK Day
I wasn’t long into my tenure at Kotaku Australia; a few months, perhaps. It was the job I’d been working towards since primary school. And yet after the pieces had finally begun to fall into place, I found myself standing on a median strip, in the middle of a six-lane highway, one of the busiest in New South Wales. I found myself standing there, wondering what would happen if I took a step forward into the path of the semi trailer passing by.
- So You Bought A Samsung Galaxy Note7 On A Mobile Plan: Now What?
As you’ve surely heard by now, the Samsung Galaxy Note7 is in the midst of a global safety recall due to a potentially explosive battery cell. Samsung has announced it will give existing customers the choice of a repair, a full refund or a replacement. But what if you purchased your Note7 through a telco and are still paying it off? Here are the current options for Telstra, Optus and Vodafone customers.
- Planhacker: Every Australian iPhone 7 And 7 Plus Plan From Optus, Telstra, Virgin Mobile And Vodafone
All the major telcos have released their pricing plans for the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. We’ve consolidated all the pricing information from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone right here. Read on to find out more.
- Everything Apple Announced At Its iPhone 7 Event That Actually Matters
Today, Apple hit the stage to announce the new iPhone 7, which features a fancy new camera and a water resistant enclosure. They also made a bunch of other announcements, from a new Apple Watch to the death of the headphone jack. If you didn’t feel like wasting hours watching their press conference, here’s everything you need to know.