Tech Insider YouTube channel
- Magikarp are the easiest to catch, with a 56 per cent base capture rate. Oddish are the second easiest, with a base capture rate of 48 per cent.
- Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey and Rattata all have a base capture rate of 40 per cent.
- Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard and Dragonite are currently the hardest to catch with a base capture rate of four per cent.
There are other things at play when you try to catch a Pokemon, however. The Pokemon’s level, flee rate, and your throwing accuracy all affect your odds, not to mention items like Razz Berries and better PokeBalls. Legendary Pokemon like Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres all currently have a base capture rate of zero per cent, suggesting that acquiring them will be some sort of special event.
More on Pokemon GO:
- The Complete Pokemon GO Troubleshooting Guide
- How To (Potentially) Fix Pokemon Go Server Issues
- How Can I Get My Girlfriend To Stop Playing Pokemon GO?
- Pokemon GO In Numbers: The Incredible Highs And Frustrating Lows
- How To Save Your Phone’s Battery While Playing Pokémon GO
- How To Save Data While Playing Pokémon GO
The hardest and easiest Pokémon to catch [YouTube]