Cooking your steak sous-vide style will give you the most tender steak you've ever had. That tenderness, however, means less crispy, flavorful bits on the outside. Here are five simple ways to crisp up your sous-vide steaks crust before serving.
Just because your cooking steak sous-vide style doesn't mean you can't have all the crispy flavour you get from cooking steak on a grill or frying pan. This video from the ChefSteps YouTube channel explains five quick methods for getting the best of both worlds:
- Pan sear it at high heat for two to three minutes on each side.
- Broil the steak on one side for three to four minutes at 260 degrees Celsius.
- Coat your steak with flour, then pan sear it on high heat for about two minutes per side.
- Toss it on a high-heat grill for about one minute per side.
- Deep fry it for two minutes in oil that's been heated to 200 degrees Celsius.
No matter which one you choose, you get a super tender steak with a flavorful, crispy exterior. You may never want to cook your steak any other way again.