If you've been meaning to learn how to code for some time but don't know where to start, this week's Humble Book Bundle can help you out. It features a wide range of e-books that don't just teach you how to code in a variety of languages, it also teaches you to think like a programmer. Here's more information on the bundle.
The IT industry is desperately in need of good talent, especially those who know how to code. Whether you want to be a professional developer or simply want to learn how to code for fun personal projects, this week's Humble Book Bundle: The Joy of Coding is a good place to start.
As with other Humble Bundle packages, you can pay however much you want for a selection of e-book titles. You get access to more books once you pass different value thresholds.
When you pay US$1 or more, you get the following titles:
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners by Al Sweigart
- The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction by William E. Shotts, Jr.
- Learn You A Haskell for Great Good! by Miran Lipovača
- Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good! by Fred Hébert
- The Book of F#: Breaking Free with Managed Functional Programming by Dave Fancher
You also get the following titles if you pay more than US$8:
- Land of Lisp: Learn to Program in Lisp, One Game at a Time! by Conrad Barski, M.D.
- Realm of Racket: Learn to Program, One Game at a Time! by Matthias Felleisen, David Van Horn, Conrad Barski, M.D.
- Write Great Code, Volume 1: Understanding the Machine by Randall Hyde
The biggest package will be unlocked when you pay $15 or more, which will get you these additional e-books:
- Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer by Mahesh Venkitachalam
- Think Like a Programmer: An Introduction to Creative Problem Solving by V. Anton Spraul
- The Art of R Programming: A Tour of Statistical Software Design by Norman Matloff
- Clojure for the Brave and True: Learn the Ultimate Language and Become a Better Programmer by Daniel Higginbotham
- Write Great Code, Volume 2: Thinking Low-Level, Writing High-Level by Randall Hyde
Head over to Humble Bundle's e-book portal to get this deal. But be quick, the deal expires at around 11pm AEST.