Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Overwatch blanket ban infuriates cheating fans, hands on with the Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone, five healthy soup recipes to see out the winter.
- The Australian dollar ripped higher overnight, a somewhat unusual reaction given the Reserve Bank of Australia’s decision to cut interest rates on Tuesday should — in textbook economics — have seen it come under pressure. So why is it soaring? As Business Insider explains, it's because of the US and Japan.
- Players caught cheating in the video game Overwatch have been banned en mass by the game's makers and some of them are really freaking out. Kotaku has the story.
- "Samsung’s most refined and feature-complete flagship smartphone yet." That's Gizmodo's first impression of the new Galaxy Note7. Click here for the complete verdict.
- The award-winning video game developer Telltale Games has a new Batman game out. Click here to read Kotaku's first impressions.
- What are you supposed to do if you're away on Census night? Business Insider provides an explainer.
- A bowl of piping hot soups is great comfort food: especially in winter. Here are five healthy soup recipes that contain under 300 calories, courtesy of POPSUGAR Health & Fitness.