Good wallpaper, faded app launcher in the corner, and a visualizer. Reader Ciysco's desktop looks sharp and we love it. Here's how you can make it your own.
First of all, Ciysco is using Rainmeter to get this effect, in Windows 7. If you're not familiar with it, check out our getting started guide for Rainmeter to see what it's capable of.
Once you have the basics down, here's what you'll need:
- The wallpaper
- The Shine 2.0 theme for Windows
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Muziko skin for Rainmeter for the music player
- The Colour Flow skin for Rainmeter for the time and date display in the center
- The Simple Recycle Bin to customise the recycle bin in the lower right corner
- Fences to organise the desktop items
Ciysco also notes that the icons are mostly custom, but offers them up for download:
All in all, it's a good look, and one that's easily reproducible if you prefer a different wallpaper, for example, or want to ditch Fences for something else, or just keep a clean desktop for example. If you like it as much as we do, head over to Ciysco's Kinja blog, linked below, and let them know how much you like it too — or ask your questions, and let them know we sent you.
Tranquil Elegance Desktop [Ciysco]