Folding a fitted sheet may feel like sorcery that only a few can perform, but it's surprisingly easy. We've shown you how before, but this video will walk you through it, step by step, so you can do it right every time, nice and easy. First, hold the corners of the sheet from the top -- if you're trying to fold a fitted sheet, you're probably already holding it, so that should be the easy part. Then:
- Grab two corners of the sheet, then pull them arm's length apart. Your hands should still be on the inside, which means the sheet will be inside out.
- Fold one of the corners you're holding over the other one, and wrap it around the hand still holding a corner.
- With your free hand, grab a third corner. Tuck it into the ball of sheet, and hold it with the same hand that's holding the other two.
- Do the same with the fourth corner. At this point, you should be pinching all four corners with one hand, with that hand completely covered by the sheet.
- Straighten the loose edges, and lay the whole thing down on a flat surface, like the top of your bed or a table.
- Fold in thirds both lengthways and across into a neat, tidy square.
That's it. It's really about folding the corners into your hand so you're not trying to fold the corners into the centre, more folding loose fabric into the corners. The video above is a solid, easy to follow demonstration, so give it a watch above, or hit the link below to check it out on YouTube.
How to Fold a Fitted Sheet [Hunting for George (YouTube)]