Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: 7 electric cars that could challenge Tesla's Model S, Independence Day: Resurgence review, first photos of Samsung's Galaxy Note7.
- The long-awaited sequel to Independence Day is finally here. Read the Gizmodo review.
- During this federal election, both major parties were put on notice by fed-up voters. It's part of a global trend that has left governments reeling to piece together what went wrong. Business Insider investigates.
- Tesla continues to dominate when it comes to long-range electric vehicles but there's a fleet of shiny new rivals on the horizon. Here are seven upcoming electric vehicles with a range of 200 miles or more that will directly challenge Tesla’s Model S.
- The Xbox One is having a massive sale on digital games. Kotaku has the highlights.
- The first semi-official images of the much-rumoured Samsung Galaxy Note7 have been leaked online, and it looks like a stunner. Gizmodo has the photos.