Bill Gates has five great suggestions for books that will expand your mind on topics of science, philosophy, history, mathematics and science fiction. He runs them down in this quick video. Bill elaborates on some of his specific thoughts on each book in the video, so it's well worth a watch. Here's a quick list of the five books:
- The Vital Question, by Nick Lane
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, by Yuval Noah Harari
- How Not to be Wrong, by Jordan Ellenberg
- The Power to Compete, by Ryoichi Mikitani and Hiroshi Mikitani
- Seveneves, by Neal Stephenson
From the origins of life, the history of mitochondria, the history of consciousness and a past to present to future look at human civilisation, to mathematics and the world of maths, all the way to entrepreneurship and business, and finally to science fiction (respectively), there's a book here for everyone, although we'd honestly suggest reading all five.