Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Top 20 scariest horror films, Aussie dollar inches towards 75 US cents, meet the new GHostbusters.
- Gizmodo has ranked the 20 scariest horror movies of the last decade. Check them out here.
- Here's some good news for travellers heading to the US: The Australian dollar is on the cusp of breaking above 75 cents. Business Insider has the report.
- Ghostbusters is being re-imagined with an all-female cast. Meet the new characters here.
- Sleeping on the job generally isn't advised regardless of your profession. But if you work for Richard Branson, your snoring noggin might end up on social media.
- Apple launched iOS — then called iPhone OS — on 29 June 2007, with the very first iPhone. Ever year since, Apple has reinvented its mobile operating system, adding new features and redefining what’s possible on all its iDevices. Head to Gizmodo for a complete history.
- Domino's is offering half-price pizzas again. Click here.
- Twitter can be a powerful thing. Yesterday, Elon Musk sent out a single tweet that managed to wipe out $US580 million from Samsung SDI’s market capitalisation. Gizmodo has the story.