Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode 2 recap, watch the new Call of Duty trailer, TRAPPIST-1 and the hunt for alien life.
- John Whitney was one of the earliest pioneers of computer graphics, most memorably known for his work on the opening sequence of Hitchcock’s Vertigo. But even in this educational video for IBM in 1968, the distance that computer graphics has come is startlingly clear.
- Season 6 of Game Of Thrones is clicking along at a fantastic rate. Here's an Episode 2 recap from Gizmodo.
- The Australian dollar is getting destroyed after the RBA cut rates. Head to Business Insider for details.
- In a few years, powerful new telescopes will usher in a search for habitable worlds outside our solar system. TRAPPIST-1 — a dim, tepid star just a smidge larger than Jupiter — is one of the first places we’ll look. Here's what you need to know.
- Call of Duty: Infinite War is the next installment in the popular first-person shooter video game series. Click here to see the latest trailer.