After overdosing on two-ingredient chocolate mousse, we wanted something else to satisfy our sweet tooth that was as quick and easy. The internet smiled upon us as the One Pot Chef shared his delicious two-ingredient cupcake recipe.
All you need is a packet of cake mix and your favourite soft drink. That's right, Coca Cola is going to save the day once again. The One Pot Chef recommends using vanilla cake mix so that the flavour and colour of the cupcakes comes predominantly from the soft drink you add. Here's the recipe:
- Take 340gm or 1 cup of vanilla cake mix in a bowl.
- Add 375ml or 1½ cup of any soft drink you like.
- Mix the two until it's smooth and all the lumps are gone.
- Spoon or pour the mixture into cupcake liners.
- Pop it into a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.
At this point, your cupcakes are ready to be chomped down! If you miss icing, use the old trick of adding marshmallows on top for a spreadable delight.
2 Ingredient Soda Cupcakes [YouTube via One Pot Chef]