Brief news items for Lifehacker readers, including: How Guzman y Gomez is taking on McDonald's in Australia, Aston Martin's Vulcan supercar tears up New Zealand, have we reached "peak" smartphone?
- After years of exciting technological advancements and must-have flagship models, smartphones are in a ridiculously boring place. Gizmodo presents the evidence.
- Yesterday, Valve's video game service injected a small amount of fresh case into some people's Steam wallets. Nobody had any idea why. Kotaku explains what's going on.
- Mexican fast food franchise Guzman y Gomez is going after McDonald's -- and it's using former McDonald's execs to do it. Business Insider investigates.
- If you're a car nut, you'll want to watch this video of the Aston Martin Vulcan supercar tearing up Highlands Motorsport Park in New Zealand. It's pretty fast.
- Bing Lee's eBay store is selling the Nutri Ninja Slim 700W juicer for $37.40 when you use the discount code "COOLING15". The deal also includes free shipping. [OzBargain]
- Telstra just invested $10 million in the company that secretly runs the internet. Business Insider has the story.