Salesforce launched the new version of its core customer relationship management (CRM) offering, called Lightning, last year and has now unveiled its first major update for the platform. The new Lightning will include improved analytics, intelligent email and advanced sales features along with the ability to make calls directly from the platform. Here are the details.
There are two components to Salesforce Lightning: Sales Cloud Lightning and Service Cloud Lightning.
Here are some of the new features for Sales Cloud Lightning:
- Salesforce SteelBrick configure, price, quote (CPQ) tool used to manage pricing for products, including discounts and incentives for customers.
- Lightning Voice, a natively embedded tool that allows users to make calls directly through Sales Cloud Lightning.
- SalesforceIQ Inbox that helps users track customer relationships by adding analytics to their email inboxes
- Sales Wave App gives insights to sales representatives to collaborate, create and update Sales Cloud records.
As for Service Cloud Lightning:
- Field Service Lightning allows organisations to give service employees in the field the ability to create and update work orders as well as change requests and job status from any device.
- Omi-Channel Supervisor gives call centre managers greater insight and visibility into their employees' workloads so they can allocate resources effectively.
The new Lightning platform will be rolled out by July this year.