Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: More exploding rockets, Netflix Geoblocking doomed to fail, Metal gear Solid is getting a remake and a list of all the Australian government agencies that want your data.
- After successfully launching the Jason-3 Satellite, SpaceX's Falcon 9 first stage attempted a barge landing. It was bang on target, but one leg didn't lock and over it toppled, for a sad, yet somewhat satisfying little explosion. Business Insider has the story.
- Many users are upset over the idea of Netflix blocking VPN and Smart DNS use. But will Netflix really go through with it? Gizmodo speculates on the future of streaming.
- The Unreal Engine 4 is used to remake all sorts of games, but now Metal Gear Solid is getting the treatment. Take a look and decide for yourself if it looks any good over at Kotaku.
- In response to a Freedom of Information request, the Australian government has released a partially-redacted list of Commonwealth agencies that have applied for access to the metadata retained by Australia’s telecommunications providers. So who is checking out your data?
- Want a cheaper(er) convertible laptop? JB HiFi has $300 of the Dell Inspiron 13. Check out the full details at Gizmodo.